Tuesday, December 18, 2007

George Dubec's Top Ten Personal New Year's Resolutions for 2008

It’s important to take control of your personal life no matter what kind of business you are in or career you have. I am the Sr. VP of Sales and Marketing for WebStream Internet Solutions and I work almost sixty hours per week and sometimes I am in the office seven days a week. Not only do I take care of customers but I write for my blog and produce and host a weekly radio show, “The Internet Business Hour” which is now broadcast in over sixty markets. I make sure that I have the time to balance my life properly with family, children, work, social time and most importantly fitness and health. I may be sixty one years old but I am operating like someone in their thirties. By proper planning you can accomplish everything you need to and want to.

1 – Earn more money to save more money and give more money
Just remember that you won’t ever own anything. You are just using it. Money is like oil, it just helps you slide through life easier!

2 – Spend more time with your family and especially your kids
Your kids are more important than you! Take responsibility for their actions and their lives. You are their real teacher.

3 – Get organized
Find out how to prioritize your time and maximize your efforts. If you are watching TV more than a couple of hours a week then you are not using time wisely.

4 – Exercise a minimum of five (5) times per week (at least for an hour per day)
You really should set a goal for seven (7) days a week for a hard workout at least one hour per day. Workout more and eat less!

5 – Appreciate what you have (enjoy life)
Especially if you live in America. Most of us are living better than the greatest Pharoahs of Egypt.

6 – Eat as healthy and as little as possible
Eat to live not live to eat! Eat less and workout more!

7 – Help others (give without expecting anything in return; you must first give to get)
If you really want to help someone, do it because you want to and not because you are going to get something back. Your reward is your good deed.

8 – No matter what happens learn to say, “So what !!”
In the grand scheme of things nothing is all that important. Being centered and in control of your personal universe is the key.

9 – Become more disciplined, moral, ethical and respectful
When you have a choice to make it’s simple, do what is right and just. Always respect yourself, your parents, your body, your country, other people and especially the earth! Once you lose respect for any of these then you are lost! Learn to say thank you privately and openly to others constantly.

10 – Be careful what you let into your mind (listen to your inner self only as you already know what’s right for you)
Don’t except things on face value. Everyone is trying to get you to see things their way. Find out the background of those that produce the books, music, movies, TV shows and other material that you are exposed to before you let them into your mind.

Bonus Resolution: Try to make yourself better every day in every way!
Make your body look better, work harder on your relationships, get more fit, learn to speak better, write better, be more creative; spend time making more money. Life is a process of never ending self improvement!

----------------------------------------------

The bottom line of life is that you’re born, you procreate, then you die! Approximately 150 years from now no living human today will still be alive!

2008 is almost here, and you have probably started thinking about your New Year’s Resolutions.

My list above is a jump start for you. So put check marks to as many of the above as possible, even before 2008 starts.

DO YOU WANT TO FEEL GOOD IN 2008?
The better I look, the better I feel!
The harder I work, the better I feel!
The more I workout, the better I feel!
The more money I make, the better I feel!
The more people I help, the better I feel!
The more I learn, the better I feel!
The more I spend time and work with my children, the better I feel!
The more I am thankful, the better I feel!
The better I feel, the more I want to feel better!PS: Who needs Prozac!

No comments: